ADMISSION/ENROLMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FIRST YEAR LEVEL
A. Who May Apply
Anyone seeking admission to the College of Law must have the following qualifications:
1. A graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Science, or a higher academic degree, from an authorized and recognized university or college. The applicant must have earned:
- three (3) units of Rizal course,
- eighteen (18) units of Social Sciences subjects,
- six (6) units in Mathematics, and
- eighteen (18) units in English.
2. Passed the Philippine Law School Admission Test (PhiLSAT) or possess a Certificate of Exemption.
B. How to Apply
1. Submit the following documents/requirements to the Law Administrative Office, 2nd Floor, Room 201, Xavier Hall Building, Xavier Ateneo Main Campus, Corrales Avenue, Cagayan de Oro City
1.1 Accomplished admission application form (downloadable from the university website - http://xu.edu.ph)
1.2 Photocopy of Transcript of Records (if graduation is not yet reflected in the transcript, a true copy of grades and a certification of candidacy for Graduation)
For XU graduates: Please be aware that request for TOR takes five (5) working days. Please schedule accordingly.
1.3 Two (2) photocopies of PhiLSAT result or Certificate of Exemption
1.4 Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (downloadable from the university website - http://xu.edu.ph) from:
a. Two (2) from either of the following who know the applicant’s abilities well:
i. Dean of the applicant’s school
ii. Former professor
iii. Immediate supervisor
b. Someone who knows the applicant well enough to provide a true character reference.
1.5 Two (2) pieces of 2”x2” ID picture (not more than 6 months)
2. Set personal interview schedule at the Admin Office and get instructions on how to pay the processing fee (Php 800.00)
Interview dates and time for applicants will be posted on this page and the College of Law Bulletin Board.
Please note that interviews will be conducted only on assigned dates within the interview period. Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that he/she is available when necessary.
Only applicants who submitted the requirements and who have passed the interview will be allowed to enroll.
Application Period: November 5 - May 4, 2019 (until 12:00NN)
Deadline for Submission of Application Form and Admission Requirements: May 4, 2019 (until 12:00NN)
Interviews: April 29 - May 10, 2019
C. Selection of Students
The selection of students for admission is the responsibility of the Dean or the interviewer (professor) who shall evaluate with care and fairness the total qualifications of each applicant, based on academic records (TOR), PhiLSAT Score, and personal interview.
D. Enrolment procedure for all ACCEPTED applicants
Step 1. Submit the following documents at the Law Administrative Office of the College of Law during the assigned enrolment period
1. For issuance of Admission Slip for Admission into the Juris Doctor (JD) Course:
1.1 Original Copy PhiLSAT official result
1.2 Two (2) photocopies of Birth Certificate from PSA
1.3 Two (2) photocopies of Transfer Credential (for non-XU graduates and transferees)
1.4 Two (2) photocopies of Marriage Contract (for married women only)
1.5 One (1) long brown envelope (without any mark)
Additional Requirements for Transferees
1.6 Recommendation Letter from the Director of Student Affairs from the last school attended
1.7 Certificate of Preliminary Law Course (C-1)
1.8 One (1) photocopy of Honorable Dismissal
Step 2. Pay the following at the XU Finance Office:
- Required downpayment
- Certificate of Eligibility (C1) fee - Php 50.00 at the Finance Office (Acct#5103-4610)
Step 3. Submit to Registrar’s Office for term activation:
- Original Transcript of Records (TOR issued for Employment and Board Exam will not be accepted)
- Original Transfer Credential or Honorable Dismissal (for non-XU graduates and transferees)
- Two (2) photocopies of Birth Certificate from PSA
Step 4. Claim your SLMIS student account at CISO Office (CH118).
Step 5. Fill out the C.O.L. (College of Law) Load Form and submit it at the Dean’s Office for evaluation and approval. [Please attach ALS receipt and C1 receipt (freshmen)].
Step 6. Online Self Enrollment of Subjects (Approved Load Form)
PLEASE BE REMINDED OF THE WAIVER: I understand that I WILL ONLY ENROL THE PRESCRIBED AND APPROVED COURSES AND SECTION during self-service enrolment. Any other course requirement will require approval from the College Dean. Any deviation on my part gives the College Evaluator or the Dean the right to remove/drop courses that are not in this approved study load form.
Step 7. Proceed to XU Bookcenter for ID processing.
Step 8. Check and verify your SLMIS account to see if you’re officially enrolled.
E. Enrollment Period: (For Freshmen only) May 14 - 31, 2019
Regular Enrollment: May 14 - 25, 2019
Delayed Enrolment: May 27-31, 2019
F. Introduction to Law (Mandatory for all Freshmen): June 3-5, 2019, 5:30PM - 8:30PM, XU Little Theater
G. Law School Orientation: June 6-7, 2019
H. Regular Classes Start: June 10, 2019
I. School Fees for reference: (First Year SY 2019-2020)
1st Semester 2nd Semester
Tuition 1,750.00/ unit 1,750.00/ unit
Matriculation 5,125.00 5,125.00
Other Fees 5,777.00 5,197.00
Payment scheme: Downpayment Php 5,000.00 upon enrollment, 50% of balance for midterm, full payment for finals every semester.
J. For further information, please contact: (088) 853-9800 local 9431
* * * * *