ADMISSION TO THE BACHELOR OF LAWS (LL.B.) PROGRAM
Eligibility for Admission
To qualify for admission to the LL.B. Program, the applicant must:
(1) be a graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Science, or a higher academic degree, from an authorized and recognized university or college. The Legal Education Board requires the applicant to have earned:
a. three (3) units of Rizal course,
b. eighteen (18) units of Social Sciences subjects,
c. six (6) units in Mathematics, and
d. eighteen (18) units in English.
[Electronic copy of PhiLSAT results or photocopy of COE must be submitted for application purposes. The PhiLSAT Certificate of Eligibility/Exemption is to be collected at the point of official admission.]
The applicant must accomplish the Application Form (electronically or by hand) and then submit this and the following requirements on or before May 18, 2018, at the College of Law office, Xavier Hall 201 in the Xavier Ateneo Main Campus, Corrales Avenue, Cagayan de Oro City.
(1) Authenticated copy of your Transcript of Records
- If graduation is not yet reflected in the transcript, a true copy of grades or a Certification of Candidacy for Graduation.
(2) Transfer Credentials [for new graduates of Universities and Colleges other than Xavier University]
(3) PhilSAT results or Certificate of Exemption
(4) Three (3) Letters of Recommendation coming from:
- 2 from either of the following who know the applicant's abilities well:
i. dean of the applicant's school
ii. former professor
iii. immediate supervisor
b. someone who knows the applicant well enough to provide a true character reference.
(5) Two (2) photocopies of NSO-issued Birth Certificate
(6) Two (2) pieces of 2”x2” ID picture
(7) Two (2) photocopies of Marriage Contract [for married women only]
Additional Requirements for Transferees
(8) Recommendation letter from the Director of Student Affairs from last school attended
(9) Certificate of Preliminary Law Course (C-1)
(10) Honorable Dismissal or Transfer Credentials
All applicants for admission will be scheduled for the interview after submission of complete requirements. Interview dates and time for each applicant will be posted on this page and College of Law bulletin board.
Please note that interviews will be conducted only on assigned dates within the interview period. Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that he/she is available when necessary.
Only applicants who submitted all requirements and who have passed the interview will be allowed to enroll.
Please note the following dates:
- May 18, 2018 – Deadline for submission of application form and admission requirements
- May 21 to June 6, 2018 – Interviews
- May 28 to June 7, 2018 – Enrollment
- June 7 and 8, 2018 – Freshmen Orientation