Xavier University High School, as an integral part of the Xavier University educational apostolate, is Jesuit in origin, Catholic in its orientation, and Filipino in its concerns.
Recognizing the unique historical role of Xavier University in the development and growth of Cagayan de Oro and Northern Mindanao,
Xavier University High School
- in partnership of Jesuits, Lay Faculty & Staff, and parents, and
- in collaboration with other members of the Xavier University Community,
- employing a pedagogy which integrates Ignatian spirituality with the principles of the Jesuit Ratio Studiorum,
educates and forms leaders for the region who are characterized by internal discipline, analytical and ordered in their judgment, critical while being open to new ideas, entrepreneurial to the concerns of the human person and the larger community, animated by the pursuit of excellence and the spirit of service to others.
To use the current phrase which best sums up the product of Jesuit education
Men and women for others:
Who are inspired by the teaching and examples of Christ, sensitive to the needs of their fellowmen, moved by and giving expression to their passion for justice, and animated by the pursuit of excellence in their lives.
This is the mission Xavier seeks to accomplish, and the vision it has for itself to become a Christian Community which is committed to:
- serve and build the larger community which is Cagayan de Oro;
- contribute to the growth and development of the Church in Mindanao;
- and lend its mark of excellence in the education of the Filipino people.
High School News
- 719 hitsWe congratulate our Basketball 17 under team, that despite of their tight schedule in studies, academic requirements, practicing and doing drills, they still manage to win the championship game against St Mary’s School in the Loyola Cup Tournament.
- 681 hitsLast February 20, 2015, the XU-Economics Society conducted an Economic Quiz Bee. There were 8 schools that participated. Joan Marie Lumagbas of 4-Fernando landed first runner up in the said competition. Congratulations!
- 1241 hitsCongratulations to the following XUHS students for winning the 2015 Metrobank MTAP DepEd Math Challenge
- 515 hitsXUHS football 17 under team won in the final’s and was declared as Champion
- 747 hitsCongratulations to Marc Anthony B Reyes of 4-Masterson for winning Champion in the Quantum Interschool Competition (Adobe Photoshop Competition) last January 24, 2015 held at Xavier University – Faber Hall.
- 721 hitsIn the thirteenth day of January 2015, selected XUHS participants set foot to Ateneo de Manila University High School for the Ignatian Youth Camp. The Ignatian Youth Camp was made possible in order to build camaraderie among different Jesuit-run Institutions all over the Philippines. It became a gateway for students to build connections and learn new life lessons amidst dissimilarity in culture and tradition.
- 825 hitsThe Annual Philippine Kpop Convention is the biggest Kpop fan event in the country organized by Pulp World and PKCI. It is also a fund raising event for GK and PAWS. This year’s KCON was held at the SMX Convention Center at the Mall of Asia last December 28, 2014.
- 931 hitsWe congratulate Merriel Mercado of 4 Schl Richard Michael Fernando for making it to the Semifinals, particularly Top 6, in the 3rd City Wide Water District Quiz Bee for Science and Math last November 28, 2014 at Liceo de Cagayan University.
- 1454 hitsScholarship/Entrance Examinations schedule for Xavier University High School.
- 1115 hitsIn celebration of the National Science Club Month, the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs, the first and largest umbrella science club organization, in its 43rd year of service to the Filipino Youth, will be conducting various activities for elementary and high school science clubbers nationwide.