In keeping with the Mission Statement of Xavier University, the Graduate School seeks to train students to achieve a deeper dialogue with the Christian faith experience. Furthermore, it aims to:
- Provide graduate students opportunities for study and research in the Philippine context which are attuned to current trends both in specific disciples and current trends in the nation.
- Equip graduate students with the methods and techniques of investigation, and those habits of mind and modes of thought proper to their field.
- Encourage graduate students to acquire, advance, and communicate knowledge in an independent and critical manner for the benefit of society.
Profile of a Graduate of the Graduate School
The graduate of XU Graduate School is characterized by competence, conscience, commitment to change and Christ-centeredness.
COMPETENCE. The XU graduate has the following:
- Expertise in his/her field of specialization
- Capability to use interdisciplinary resources
- Strategic, critical and creative thinking
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Ability to continuously strive for a higher level of professional competence that brings out the best in him/her
CONSCIENCE. The XU graduate lives a life of exemplary integrity as manifested in the following:
- Anchors his/her decisions and actions on principles that promote human dignity
- Uses, in a moral and ethical manner, technological advances in his/her field of specialization
- Acknowledges his/her strength and weakness
COMMITMENT. The XU graduate is committed to his/her responsibility to self, family, organization and the community.
CHRIST-CENTEREDNESS. The XU graduate acknowledges the humanity and divinity of Christ, and believes in HIS presence as active in his/her life, family, organization and the community.Hits: 35674
- 716 hitsThe Xavier University Graduate School, in collaboration with SBM and SOE, will hold the 2015 Graduate Research Forum with the theme “Advancing the Research culture in the Graduate Programs” on February 21 at the University Amphitheater and AV Rooms.
- 1766 hitsOn 8-9 February 2014, the Graduate School students had their opportunity to stretch and grow spiritually during its retreat at Betania
- 1897 hitsThe alumni, faculty, students, sponsors and guests gathered on January 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM at the XU Magis Roof Deck.