In keeping with the Mission Statement of Xavier University, the Graduate School seeks to train students to achieve a deeper dialogue with the Christian faith experience. Furthermore, it aims to:
- Provide graduate students opportunities for study and research in the Philippine context which are attuned to current trends both in specific disciples and current trends in the nation.
- Equip graduate students with the methods and techniques of investigation, and those habits of mind and modes of thought proper to their field.
- Encourage graduate students to acquire, advance, and communicate knowledge in an independent and critical manner for the benefit of society.
Profile of a Graduate of the Graduate School
The graduate of XU Graduate School is characterized by competence, conscience, commitment to change and Christ-centeredness.
COMPETENCE. The XU graduate has the following:
- Expertise in his/her field of specialization
- Capability to use interdisciplinary resources
- Strategic, critical and creative thinking
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Ability to continuously strive for a higher level of professional competence that brings out the best in him/her
CONSCIENCE. The XU graduate lives a life of exemplary
- integrity as manifested in the following:
- Anchors his/her decisions and actions on principles that promote human dignity
- Uses, in a moral and ethical manner, technological advances in his/her field of specialization
- Acknowledges his/her strength and weakness
COMMITMENT. The XU graduate is committed to his/her responsibility to self, family, organization and the community.
CHRIST-CENTEREDNESS. The XU graduate acknowledges the humanity and divinity of Christ, and believes in HIS presence as active in his/her life, family, organization and the community.Hits: 27668