Xavier University High School, as an integral part of the Xavier University educational apostolate, is Jesuit in origin, Catholic in its orientation, and Filipino in its concerns.
Recognizing the unique historical role of Xavier University in the development and growth of Cagayan de Oro and Northern Mindanao,
Xavier University High School
- in a partnership of Jesuits, Lay Faculty & Staff, and parents, and
- in collaboration with other members of the Xavier University Community,
- employing a pedagogy which integrates Ignatian spirituality with the principles of the Jesuit Ratio Studiorum,
educates and forms leaders for the region who are characterized by internal discipline, analytical and ordered in their judgment, critical while being open to new ideas, entrepreneurial to the concerns of the human person and the larger community, animated by the pursuit of excellence and the spirit of service to others.
To use the current phrase which best sums up the product of Jesuit education
Men and women for others:
Who are inspired by the teaching and examples of Christ, sensitive to the needs of their fellowmen, moved by and giving expression to their passion for justice, and animated by the pursuit of excellence in their lives.
This is the mission Xavier seeks to accomplish, and the vision it has for itself to become a Christian Community which is committed to:
- serve and build the larger community which is Cagayan de Oro;
- contribute to the growth and development of the Church in Mindanao;
- and lend its mark of excellence in the education of the Filipino people.