The School of Education aims at becoming a leading Teacher Education Institution by fervently improving its teaching and learning practices through a comprehensive continuing education program anchored on relevant research and training.
The School of Education is recognized as a Center of Development in Teacher Education Program by the Commission on Higher Education and as a Center of Training Institution for the Department of Education’s Certificate and In-Service Education and Training (INSET) Programs. The School also holds a Level III Re-accredited Status granted by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU).
Students are immersed in quality instruction that is founded on the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm (i.e. Context, Experience, Reflection, Action, and Evaluation). They are formed to be dedicated educators by exposing them to extensive and intensive internship in various educational institutions in the region as early as their sophomore year. The faculty provides training for Science, Math and English teachers and also conducts INSET for public school teachers and tutorials for students.
Goals of School of Education (BEEd & BSEd)
1. To produce graduates who are transformational leaders serving the church, country and the world;
2. To manifest the passion for truth, pursuit for excellence and love for humanity adhering to social justice, peace and sustainable development; and
3. To provide quality life-long learning by engaging in relevant research, community service and total formation
School of Education – Graduate Studies Programs and IDEA
1. To be the School of Choice in the country and Asia Pacific;
2. To produce not only academic managers and administrators but also transformational leaders;
3. To be highly engaged in the pursuit for truth and excellence through research, teaching and community outreach; and
4. To serve the church, Philippines and the world through sustainable development and growth based on the local, national and international goals.