The College of Agriculture is one with Xavier University’s mission statement as Filipino, Catholic and Jesuit educational community dedicated to the integral development of the person for the needs of Mindanao, the Philippines and Asia Pacific, “to form men and women of competence, conscience and commitment in the service of the Church, the global community and the Filipino people”.
Its educational apostolate involves an integrated program of instruction, research, extension and production which strives and is committed to the wholistic formation of students, leaders and innovators who will promote Sustainable Agriculture and other relevant technologies and a more equitable access to resources within the context and realities of global challenges and people participation.
This is operationalized in the :
- formulation and continued review of responsive curricula for course offerings;
- needs-based faculty development program and personnel team-building process;
- planning and utilization of resources and facilities for its integrated program;
- conduct of knowledge and information management system for research, outreach and production activities;
- expansion and strengthening for both local and international linkages and partnerships for its integrated program; and
- conduct of sustainable internal quality management for XUCA units.