The CHED Center of Development for Literature-Xavier University Department of English Language and Literature is calling for entries to the St Francis Xavier Writers Workshop to be held on 23-25 April 2020 at SEARSOLIN, Cagayan de Oro City.
The St Francis Xavier Writers Workshop (SFXWW) is a creative writing fellowship for 10 aspiring writers from Northern Mindanao and the surrounding regions. It includes manuscript critiquing and consultation, craft lectures and creative process, mentoring sessions, and other activities. Accepted fellows will be provided with certificates, workshop materials, overnight accommodations, and a limited transportation allowance
- For a Poetry fellowship: 3 poems (written for the page and/or for performance);
- For a Fiction fellowship: 1 short story (1500 to 3000 words), or 1 chapter (3000 to 5000 words) from a novel (with synopsis), or 2 works of flash fiction (500 to 1500 words each);
- For a Creative Nonfiction fellowship: 1 creative nonfiction (1500 to 3000 words) such as nonfiction memoir, personal essay, travel writing, lyric essay, literary journalism, or other hybridized forms; or 2 micro-essays or works of flash nonfiction (500 to 1500 words);
- Entries may be in Binisaya, Filipino, and/or English.
- Applicants may apply for more than one genre. Works with a strong sense of place and personal heritage are encouraged.
- Deadline of submissions is on 28 March 2020, 11:59 PM.
CJ Vol 5, 2019 Green Issue