CAROLINE LAARNI R SEREÑAS
+63-88-853-9800 local 9354
Rank: Assistant Professor (Full-time)
- Master in Population Studies, University of the Philippines, Diliman.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics (Cum Laude and Class Valedictorian), Xavier University.
- Faculty, Department of Economics, Xavier University, 2009-Present.
- Chairperson, Department of Economics, Xavier University, 2016-2020.
- Social Development Coordinator, Social Sciences, Xavier University, 2016-2018.
- Research Coordinator, Kinaadman Research Center, Xavier University, 2009-2011.
- Faculty, Xavier University High School, 2008-2009.
- Policy Analyst and Demographer, Philippine Legislators’ Committee on Population and Development Foundation, Inc. House of Representatives, 2003-2008.
- Rosalina Palanca-Tan & Catherine Roween Chico-Almaden & Ma. Kresna Navarro & Marichu Melendez-Obedencio & Caroline Laarni Rubio-Sereñas. 2018. "Total economic value of the Cagayan de Oro river basin," Chapter in: Innovation Addressing Climate Change Challenges, chapter 12, pages 169-184 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Rosalina Palanca-Tan & Catherine Roween Chico-Almaden & Ma. Kresna Navarro & Marichu Melendez-Obedencio & Caroline Laarni Rubio-Sereñas. 2015. Cost and Benefits of Ecosystem Based Adaptation. The Case of the Philippines. Gland, Switzerland: IUCN. viii + 32pp. ISBN: 978-2-8317-1778-4.
- Catherine Roween Chico-Almaden & Ma. Kresna Navarro & Marichu Melendez-Obedencio & Caroline Laarni Rubio-Sereñas. 2012. Basic Principles in Economics with Taxation, Agrarian Reform and Consumer Education. XU Press, Philippines, 2012. ISBN No.:978-9719094-16-6.
Completed Research and Consultancy Projects:
- Deputy Team Leader, Competitive Analysis of Northern Mindanao as a potential location for the establishment of the Integrated Steel Mill (ISM) in the Philippines, funded by National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), November 2020-Present.
- Fellow Technical Consultant for Region 10, Socio-Economic Impact Assessment (SEIA) of COVID-19 in Mindanao, funded by the United Nations Development Project (UNDP) and the Mindanao Development Authority (MINDA), December 2020-Present.
- Faculty Research Associate for Socio-Economic cluster, Mindanao Clean Energy Living Laboratories (MINDA-CELLS), Funded by the European Union, June 2019-Present.
- Researcher, Integrated Natural Resources and Environmental Management Project - Livelihood Enhancement Support, DENR-DTI Partnership, November 2018-May 2019.
- Researcher, Localizing Contexts of Globalization in Mindanao: Materials Development for the new GEC ‘The Contemporary World”, funded under the Revised and Expanded Continuing Professional Education window of the CHED K-12 Institutional Research Grants, June 2017-May 2019.
- Field Supervisor, Changing Patterns in Social, Demographic and Economic Conditions of Farmers in Plantation Crops Production: Implications for Agricultural Policies and Innovation in partnership with UPLB, August 2018-February 2019.
- Regional Coordinator for CARAGA, National Migration Survey, June 2018 – May 2019.
- Researcher, Total Economic Valuation of the Cagayan de Oro River Basin, Funded by International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), April 2015–July 2015.
- Coordinator, Multiple Indicator Survey, Province of Maguindanao, Funded by UNICEF Demographic Research and Development Foundation, September 2013-May 2014.
- Researcher, Carrying Capacity of Barangay Lumbia: Economic Component, funded by CHED-HERCC, March 2012-February 2013.
- Region 10 Coordinator, 4th Young Adult Fertility and Sexuality Study (YAFS), University of the Philippines – Population Institute, January 23-June 30, 2013.
- Field Supervisor, Environment Management Bureau Region 10 DENR Performance Evaluation Project, Development Academy of the Philippines, April 23- May 23, 2012.
- Field Supervisor, Mindanao Area (Region 9, 10, 11, 12, and ARMM) Responsible Parenthood Program of the Commission on Population, Commission on Population and UP -Population Institute, Diliman, Quezon City, October – November2010.
- Researcher, Cagayan de Oro Hydraulic Mining Research, Kinaadman Research Center Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan, March – October 2010.
- Field Supervisor, Cagayan de Oro City, Philhealth Support Value Survey Demographic Research and Developmment Foundation, July 9 – July 17, 2010.
- Field Supervisor, Maguindanao Province United Nation Population Fund 5th Country Program Endline Survey, Demographic Research and Development Foundation, May 23 – June 15, 2010.
- Researcher, 2008 Coop Member Medical Care Availment Survey, Mindanao State University- Industrial Institute of Technology, Iligan City, Albeiterwolfahrt International (AWO International), Germany, May 2008.
- Member, Philippine Economics Society
- President, Mindanao Chapter, Philippine Population Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Bukidnon Integrated Network of Home Industries, Inc.
- Member, International Order of the Eastern Star, Cadena de Amor Chapter No. 5
- Secretary, Board of Trustees (as Representative of PLCPD), Philippine Population Association
- Regular Member, Philippine Population Association
- Microeconomics, Economics of Geography, Population and Demography, Contemporary Issues.