The Xavier University Computing and Information Services Office (CISO) is tasked to develop a more robust University computing and information backbone to improve teaching, research, and social outreach and contribute to the transformation of the University into an important learning and information hub of Northern Mindanao. CISO aims to harness information and communications technology to improve and enhance the core processes of the University; and encourages the University community to start learning and using the power of computing and information technology.
- Engages in the development, the ongoing operation and maintenance of production information systems and infrastructures
- Acts as adviser to users throughout the University on computer-related matters
- Serves as a catalyst for improving operations through system enhancements or new systems development
- Coordinates data and systems integration throughout the University
- Establishes standards, policies, and procedures relating to computers and information processing
- Evaluates and selects computer and network hardware and software
- Conducts end-user education, information, and awareness program and operates a help desk for computing and information services.