Electrical Engineering is a profession that deals with the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electricity. It is the science of developing, applying, and controlling the electrical and related phenomena of nature for the benefit of mankind notably in the field of light, heat, power, sustainable alternative sources of energy and environment, communication, and transportation.
Accreditation: PAASCU Level II, COD
Program Educational Objectives
The XU Electrical Engineering (XU EE) graduates, formed and trained through Jesuit liberal education are deeply rooted in the Catholic faith and are persons of competence, conscience, and commitment. Thus, consistent with these goals, the XU EE program is geared towards producing graduates, who, within three to five years from graduation, have:
- (Competence) Become competent and engaged electrical engineering professionals who are proficient in the practice of the profession using a systems perspective to analyze, design, develop, optimize and implement complex electrical systems to solve real-world problems within the appropriate technological, global, societal, ethical and organizational context.
- (Competence) Manifested professional growth and career advancement through satisfactory progress towards positions of higher responsibility, completion of an advanced degree, or by successful transition from the "traditional" electrical engineering career path into the allied fields of business, government, academe, etc.
- (Competence, Conscience, Commitment) Worked as effective, conscientious and committed team members or leaders who embody ethical and professional excellence rooted in Jesuit liberal education and Christian humanism. They have equipped with excellent communication and people skills and are actively participating in their community, church and professional organizations.
- (Competence, Conscience, Commitment) Become significant contributors to society by producing designs and solutions that are safe and sustainable. Being men and women for others, the XU EE graduates discern, decide and do what is right and strive for truth and will seek to support others, especially in the context of widespread poverty in the country.
- (Competence, Commitment) Embraced active life-long purpose of advancing their expertise by continuing professional education, attaining advanced degrees or furthering research activities that tackle on critical areas of the chosen field of expertise.
The graduates of the XU EE program shall demonstrate the following:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physical and engineering sciences to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within identified constraints.
- Ability to work effectively, responsibly and committedly in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Ability to recognize, formulate, solve and implement options for electrical engineering problems.
- Specialized knowledge in at least one field of electrical engineering practice.
- Ability to recognize professional, social ethical and moral responsibility in accordance to Christian and Ignatian precepts.
- Ability to read, write and speak effectively in English and Filipino/local languages; and to utilize modern means of communication.
- Awareness and understanding of the effects of engineering solutions in a comprehensive context.
- Ability to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development and an understanding of the need to keep current in electrical engineering fields.
- Sufficient knowledge and exposure in contemporary issues.
- Ability to apply the appropriate skills, techniques, use modern engineering tools necessary for the practice of electrical engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering, business, public policy, leadership and management principles as team member or leader to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments and various fields of practice.
- The ability to preserve and promote Filipino historical and cultural heritage.