Electronics Engineering is a profession that specializes in the conceptualization, design and implementation of new, improved or innovative electronic, computer and communication systems.
The Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering curriculum includes wire and wireless communications, data communications, communication system analysis and design, digital signal processing unit, broadcast engineering, logic circuits and switching theory, navigational aid, instrumentation and microprocessor system. The course is geared towards the areas of specialization namely telecommunication, microelectronics and instrumentation and control.
Accreditation: PAASCU Level II, COD
Program Educational Objectives
The XU Electronics Engineering (XU EcE) graduates, formed and trained through Jesuit liberal education are deeply rooted in the Catholic faith and are persons of competence, conscience, and commitment. Thus, consistent with these goals, the XU EcE program is geared towards producing graduates, who, within three to five years from graduation, have:
- (Competence) Become competent and engaged electronics engineering professionals who will demonstrate proficiency in the application of their knowledge and skills in basic sciences and engineering principles in the design, innovation, improvement, supervision and management of electronic processes and systems to solve real-world problems within the appropriate technological, organizational, ethical, societal and global context.
- (Competence) Manifested professional growth and career advancement through satisfactory progress towards positions of higher responsibility, completion of an advanced degree, or by successful transition into the allied fields of business, government, academe, etc.
- (Competence, Conscience, Commitment) Worked as effective, conscientious and committed team members or leaders who embody ethical and professional excellence rooted in Jesuit liberal education and Christian humanism. They have equipped with excellent communication and people skills and are actively participating in their community, church and professional organizations.
- (Competence, Conscience, Commitment) Become significant contributors to society by creating electronic engineering designs and solutions that are safe and sustainable. Being men and women for others, the XU ECE graduates discern, decide and do what is right and strive for truth and will seek to support others, especially in the context of widespread poverty in the country.
- (Competence, Commitment) Will pursue active life-long purpose of advancing their professional expertise by continuing professional education, attaining advanced degrees or furthering research activities that tackle on critical areas of the chosen field of expertise.
The graduates of the XU ECE program shall demonstrate the following:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physical and engineering sciences to solve electronics engineering problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural groups, in both capacities as team leader or member, in various fields of practice.
- Ability to identify, formulate, solve and implement options for electronics engineering problems.
- An ability to understand professional, social ethical and moral responsibility that is rooted in Christian and Ignatian precepts.
- Specialized knowledge in at least one field of electronics engineering practice.
- Ability to read, write and speak effectively in English and Filipino/local languages; and to utilize modern means of communication.
- Ability to understand the impacts of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Ability to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development and an understanding of the need to keep current in electronics engineering fields.
- Sufficient knowledge and exposure in contemporary issues.
- Ability to apply the appropriate skills, techniques, use modern engineering tools necessary for the practice of electronics engineering.
- Ability to understand and apply engineering, business and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- The ability to preserve and promote Filipino historical and cultural heritage.