Industrial Engineering is a profession that deals with the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of men, materials, methods and equipment. It integrates human formation, material, monetary and technological resources to produce quality and cost-competitive goods and services in a health and efficient work environment. It is a field that deals with production planning and control, manufacturing systems and processes, facilitates design, human factors, occupational safety, quality control, system reliability, and system analysis and design with advanced computing.
Accreditation: PAASCU Level II
Program Educational Objectives
The XU Industrial Engineering (XU IE) graduates, formed and trained through Jesuit liberal education are deeply rooted in the Catholic faith and are persons of competence, conscience, and commitment. Thus, consistent with these goals, the XU IE program is geared towards producing graduates, who, within three to five years from graduation, have:
- (Competence, Commitment) Advanced professionally and assume roles of increasing responsibility and impact, pursuing graduate work, research and other professional activities.
- (Competence, Conscience, Commitment) Manifested technical competence, polished communication and interpersonal relation skills and effectively managed and lead multidisciplinary teams to create solutions with significant societal benefits.
- (Competence, Conscience) Emerged as professional leaders and have significantly contributed to society by designing efficient processes and systems that give high regard to cost, safety and sustainability. Being men and women for others, the XU IE graduates discern, decide and do what is right and strive for truth and will seek to support others, especially in the context of widespread poverty in the country.
- (Commitment, Conscience) Demonstrated commitment to the community, church and professional organizations through significant support and involvement that embody ethical and professional excellence rooted in Jesuit liberal education and Christian humanism.
The graduates of the XU IE program shall demonstrate the following:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physical and engineering sciences to solve problems of industrial engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data proficiently.
- Ability in designing, building, improving and installing optimized integrated systems or processes which are efficient, effective, as well as robust to meet desired needs within identified constraints.
- Ability to work effectively, responsibly and committedly in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to identify, formulate, solve and implement options for industrial engineering problems.
- Ability to recognize professional, social ethical and moral responsibility that is rooted in Christian and Ignatian precepts.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English and in Filipino/local languages; and to utilize modern means of communication.
- Ability to be conscious of the effects of engineering solutions in a comprehensive context to include among other concerns, issues on the environment, poverty, etc.
- Specialized knowledge in at least one field of industrial engineering practice.
- Ability to engage in life-long learning and an understanding of the need to keep current of the developments in industrial engineering fields.
- Ability to exercise the appropriate skills, techniques, tools and ethics necessary for the practice of industrial engineering, and of business, including research and development.
- Ability to perform services in the form of analysis, design, preparation of plans, specifications, estimates, and implementation of work standards, statistical process control systems, production planning and materials control systems, manufacturing and service facilities, operations research models for production and operations, and/or information systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering, business, public policy, leadership and management principles as team member or leader to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments and various fields of practice.
- The ability to preserve and promote Filipino historical and cultural heritage.