JHON LOUIE B SABAL
+63-88-853-9800 local 9353
Rank: Instructor (Full-time)
- Master of Arts in Economics, Ateneo de Manila University
- Thesis: Trade Openness and Government Size: Evidence for Six Countries in Asia-Pacific.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Xavier University.
- Chairperson, Department of Economics, Xavier University, June 2020-Present.
- Research Coordinator, Social Sciences, Xavier University, May 2019-May 2020.
- Coordinator for MA in Economics Program, Graduate School, Xavier University, 2018-Present.
- Officer-in-Charge, Department of Economics, Xavier University, November 2018-May 2019.
- Social Development Coordinator, College of Arts and Sciences – Social Sciences, Xavier University, November 2018-May 2019.
- Faculty, Department of Economics, Xavier University, 2014-Present.
- Program Officer for Organizational Development, The Xavier Ecoville Resettlement Project, 2014-2015.
- Jhon Louie B. Sabal. 2019. Trade Openness and Government Size: A Comparison between Philippines and Malaysia. Regional Journal of Southeast Asian Studies (RJSEAS). 4(1): 72.
Completed Research and Consultancy Projects:
- Team Leader, Competitive Analysis of Northern Mindanao as a potential location for the establishment of the Integrated Steel Mill (ISM) in the Philippines, funded by National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), November 2020-Present.
- Fellow Technical Consultant for Region 10, Socio-Economic Impact Assessment (SEIA) of COVID-19 in Mindanao, funded by the United Nations Development Project (UNDP) and the Mindanao Development Authority (MINDA), December 2020-Present.
- Technical Consultant, OROBEST BRIDGE, funded by the USAID-STRIDE and Oro Chamber, January 2021-Present.
- Data Analyst and Co-Author for the Business and Area Service Response and Recovery Plan of Cagayan de Oro City, funded by USAID-SURGE, June 2020-Present.
- Faculty Research Associate for Socio-Economic cluster, Mindanao Clean Energy Living Laboratories (MINDA-CELLS), Funded by the European Union, November 2019-Present.
- Trainer for localizing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals in CMGP Roads2SDG’s Provinces, Funded by the United Nations Development Project and Department of Interior and Local Government, March 2019-Present
- Senior Faculty Researcher, Rapid Assessment on Entrepreneurial and Livelihood Practices and Interests of IDP Households in Marawi City.Funded by Angat Buhay Program of the Office of the Vice-President of the Republic of the Philippines, November 2018-Present
- Campaign Consultant for Economic Affairs, Office of the Vice-Mayor and Presiding Officer of the City Council, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines, March-June 2019.
- Co-Author and Researcher, The Realities of the Resettlement Policy: The Case of Xavier Ecoville Resettlement Project, Barangay Lumbia, Cagayan de Oro City, Asia Pacific Society of Public Affairs, April 2015-August 2015.
- Research Assistant, Exploring innovative ways of financing for climate compatible development in Asian cities: A research initiative covering select second-tier cities in India, Indonesia and the Philippines, Funded by the Institute for Climate and Sustainable Cities and German Watch, July 2015-2016.
- Component Research Assistant,Total Economic Valuation of Macajalar Bay, Funded by the International Union for Conservation of Nature, April 2015–July 2015.
- Research Assistant, Parking Analysis and Willingness to Pay Evaluation for Parking Facilities along Selected Central Business Districts, School Zones, and Market Areas of Cagayan de Oro City, June 2014-May 2015.
- Component Coach, Research and Social Outreach Cluster, Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan, August 2014-July 2015.
- Member, Holistic Undertakings Bridging Solutions for Governance (G-HUBS), Department ofInterior and Local Government Region 10
- Op-Ed Contributor, Sunstar Cagayan de Oro City(https://www.sunstar.com.ph/author/414/1/Jhon-Louie-B.-Sabal)
- Member, Philippines Economics Society
- Microeconomics, Econometrics, International Economics, Contemporary Issues.