Xavier University - Ateneo de Cagayan, the premier academic institution situated at the heart of Cagayan de Oro City in Northern Mindanao, is among Asia’s top universities, based on the 2016 Asian University Rankings released by London-based education and career consultancy Quacquarelli Symonds.
XAVIER ATENEO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
ADMISSION GUIDELINES FOR SY2021-2022
Following the University Memorandum #U2021-033, No XU Entrance Examinations for SY2020-2021, XUSHS will accept Grade 11 applications for admission starting April 5, 2021 to July 30, 2021.
To ensure that all student applicants still meet the university admission standard in the absence of the Senior High School Entrance Examination (SHSEE), Xavier Ateneo Senior High has come-up with a structured Alternative Quality Assurance mechanism to process admission of students in all strands of the Academic and Technical-Vocational-Livelihood (ALGCIT) TVL Tracks:
(1) All Incoming Grade 11 applicants shall be evaluated based on their Grade 10 report cards (otherwise known as Form 138-A or SF-9.
(2) As a general rule, all ABM, and HUMSS strands and ALGCIT-TVL track applicants should have at least 80% General Weighted Average for the first three quarters; while applicants for the STEM strand should have at least 85% General Weighted Average for the first three quarters and 85% average grades for the first three quarters in their Science, Mathematics, and English subjects.
(3) To apply for admission, all applicants are required to prepare a scanned copy or photo of each of the following:
(a) Final Grade 10 Report Card (Form 138-A or SF-9) with 1x1 colored photo, and
(b) Good Moral Character Certificate
Note: Incomplete requirements will not be processed and considered. These requirements are prerequisites for the issuance of the OFFER LETTER
(4) Applicants may access the link for the details of the application processes:
(5) A SHS Admission Committee composed of all Strand Heads headed by the Assistant Principal for Academics will facilitate the evaluation process, including conditions that the strand of choice may require.
(6) Using the Registration number sent to the applicant’s email, the applicant shall create an account in the online admissions portal: http://shsapply.xu.edu.ph.
(7) An OFFER LETTER from the SHS Principal containing enrolment guidelines and procedures to proceed for online enrolment will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
Academic & Arch. Bishop Hayes scholarships
The scholarship examination is open to all currently enrolled Grade 10 students and Grade 10 completers in SY 2019-2020 who have not enrolled in any Senior High School.
To apply, all applicants shall follow the following steps:
1. Choose a preferred online scholarship exam date.
There are 4 online scholarship examination dates, but we can only accommodate up to 400 examinees each time. Please choose one preferred date from the following: May 8, 15, 22 or 29, 2021 (all Saturdays).
The final exam date and time will be provided after the exam payment and submitted requirements are verified.
2. Pay the exam fee.
Applicants can pay the 170 pesos exam fee either through the:
- XU Finance Office. Pay at the XU Main Campus Finance Office during business hours, Mondays to Fridays. (The dress code and IATF protocols need to be observed for campus access).
- Bank. Bank payment can be Over the Counter or through Online Fund Transfer to the University account at the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
Account Name: Xavier University
Account No. BPI 9331-0133-63 or
Account No. BPI 9330-0016-55,
Note: Payment through the bank will still be verified (in 2-3 days).
3. Prepare a scanned copy of the following exam registration requirements:
- Deposit slip or proof of payment (please write your complete name on the receipt)
- 1x1 recent photo (with white background)
- Student school ID (back-to-back) or report card with 1x1 photo or scanned copy of a Certification of Enrolment from the School Principal with 1x1 photo.
4. Register for online testing. Click at https://tinyurl.com/
- Answer a brief survey.
- Make sure that you give a valid e-mail address (preferably a Gmail account).
- Provide your personal FB account and mobile contact numbers.
- Choose only two (2) preferred strands from either Academic and TVL-ALGCIT Tracks.
- Enter your preferred testing date.
- Attach your scanned documents (photo, ID/certification/report card and proof of testing fee payment).
- If payment was made through the bank, please report the account reference number and date of payment.
- Review your entries to the Online Testing Registration Form, then click “Submit.”
5. Wait for emailed testing instructions.
- After completion and submission of the Online Testing Registration Form, Google will send you a copy of your responses to the Registration Form through your email address.
- Once your payment and information are verified, an email bearing your testing date and time, testing orientation materials, and other instructions will be sent. This will also serve as your Permit-to-Exam.
6. Attend the virtual exam orientation.
All applicants are required to:
- Study the online exam procedure through the exam orientation materials and practice taking the online exam.
- Follow instructions carefully; raise any questions and clarifications during the actual virtual orientation session; and
- Attend the virtual exam orientation schedule communicated to you through the Permit-To-Exam provided.
7. Take the exam.
All applicants are required to:
- Prepare their Permit-to-Exam, and school ID or School Certification or Report Card;
- Prepare your exam environment and devices.
- Set-up at least 30 minutes before the exam time;
- Click on the Google Meet link provided to you 30 minutes before the “Exam Preliminaries Time”
- Meet the proctor and follow preliminary steps and wait until the proctor provides the link to your exam.
- Take the exam as instructed.
8. View your score and wait for instructions for XU admission.
- Exam results can be viewed starting June 16, 2021. To view your score, kindly check on the link stipulated on your exam permit provided by the University Testing Center and type in your login credentials.
St Ignatius of Loyola Scholarship
Application is open to all top 1 and 2 Junior High School completers with at least 90 students of their batch.
1. Create an email message with SUBJECT: Last Name, First Name_ St. Ignatius de Loyola Scholarship SHS)
2. Attach e-copies of the following requirements to the composed email:
2.1 Application letter
Addressed to: FERDINAND T CANTULAR, PhD
Director, Admissions & Aid Office
2.2 Notice of Admission
2.3 Grade 10 Report card (form 138)
2.4 Two (2) letters of CERTIFICATION from: i.) School Principal, and ii.) Adviser or Guidance Counselor stating that the applicant has completed Junior High School as class Top 1/Top 2 with the specific number of completers and shall bear the school seal
2.5 Any of the following proof of family income:
i.) Parent's Income Tax Return (ITR of both parents)
ii.) Affidavit of source of income with amount
iii.) OFW - Photocopy of contract
iv.) Affidavit of Support with amount
Note: when documents are not scanned, mobile photos MUST be clear and contents are readable.
4. XU AAO will confirm that the applicant has qualified for the scholarship through email.
5. Qualified applicants will receive an INITIAL APPROVAL after accomplishing the scholarship portal.
6. Once officially approved by the University President, the grantee will receive the NOTICE of SCHOLARSHIP AWARD (NSA).
7. Proceed to online enrolment. NSA will have to be uploaded in lieu of the proof of down payment.
8. Submission of application requirements shall not be later than July 30, 2021.