Two canteen outlets, Ana’s Kitchen at Faber Building and XUCMPC Canteen, are situated at designated areas in the school campus to avoid congestion at recess and lunch time. The Canteen is open at 7:30 AM and closes at 5:00 PM on class days.
XUCMPC Canteen is also open on Saturday mornings only, except when there are school functions scheduled in the afternoon.
The students are encouraged to start the day with the presence of God in their heart. They are encouraged develop the habit of visiting the Blessed Sacrament in the chapel during their free time. They are invited to attend the daily noon Masses (Monday to Friday) which starts right after the last period in the morning. During examination days, Masses start at 7:00 AM. Silence must be observed while the Mass is going on whether students are inside or outside of the chapel to show respect and reverence to the Blessed Sacrament.
Guidance Center (Guidance, Testing, Admissions)
The Guidance Center renders to the students the following services: Individual Appraisal, Information, Individual and Group Counseling, Testing, Career Guidance and Follow-Up.
The Center is responsible in helping students in their personal, social, academic and future concerns; providing personal, social, educational and career information (e.g. college entrance examinations and scholarships); screening incoming freshmen and transferees; administering, scoring and interpreting psychological tests; and coordinating with the class moderators in providing Homeroom Guidance activities and planning and implementing grade level and class activities.
To render health services to the school community, the Medical Team is available on the following schedule:
Monday–Friday : 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday : 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Part time Physician
Monday–Friday : 8:00 AM – 12:00 NN
Part time Dentist
Monday–Friday : 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
The school Physician and the school Dentist perform annual medical and dental examination for all the XUJHS students. The Medical Team makes themselves available for consultation, renders emergency and first-aid treatment to all students and school personnel and also makes referrals to hospitals.
Dental Services for students:
- Annual Oral Examination and Prophylaxis
- One extraction of a permanent tooth
- Consultation and Treatment
Learning Resource Center (LRC) Services
As an integral part of Xavier University - Ateneo de Cagayan Junior High School (XUJHS), the Learning Resource Center (LRC) assumes the responsibility of supporting the academic program by providing sources of information, instructional equipment and materials related services that will facilitate the teaching-learning process.
- Sources of Information
- Audio-Visual Materials, Maps, Transparencies (soft and hard copy), CDR, DVD/VCD, VHS with DVD copies, etc.
- Books - General Reference, Filipiniana and Circulation Section
- Information File - Clipping from newspaper, Handout/Compilation and Brochure/Pamphlet, etc.
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Serial - Journal, Magazine, Newspaper & School Yearbook
- Students can enjoy the following privileges:
- Borrow 10 books (6 Circulation books; 4 Filipiniana books) for one (1) week
- Photocopy references out of the LRC for about 15 minutes
- Access, print and/or download information in the internet using tablets and/or netbooks. Charges are minimal to cover purchasing cost of needed materials
- Students should observe the following responsibilities
- Properly wear complete uniform on weekdays (ID is visible in front, polo is tucked in, plain white socks); wear the school ID on non-class days
- Take care of his or her own valuables. The LRC will not be responsible for any lost items
- Observe silence at all times and be considerate of others who come to the LRC to study and/or to do research
- Be responsible. Students should not bring books and other LRC materials outside if they are not properly charged or borrowed
- Approach any of the LRC staff for any form of reference assistance
- Secure the LRC clearance at the end of the school year.
- The LRC serves Call Slips to students with overdue books. LRC privileges are suspended until the obligation is settled
- The LRC will demand for the same title replacement of lost borrowed books. Fines and processing fees will be charged
- Students who will disregard school rules and LRC rules and regulations will be reported to the Prefect of Students’ Office for appropriate disciplinary sanctions
- The LRC is a place to study and to do research. It is open on the following schedule:
(Schedule A: Class day)
Monday to Friday 7:15 AM to 4:30 PM
Saturday 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM
(Schedule B: Non-Class day)
Monday to Friday 7:30 AM to 12:00 NN
1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Saturday 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Recollection Area at the Faber Building
Prayer, reflection, sharing and many religious and spiritual activities are essential in a Jesuit Institution; thus, the Recollection area provides the avenue for members of the community to interact and pray individually or collectively.
The Science laboratories are places where students as scientists work to observe and organize data; test (prove/disprove) hypotheses, collate and analyze results of tests; repeat to verify test results; and finally, make inferences based on test results. These laboratories provide the students with tools, glass and metal wares, apparatus, equipment and materials for assistance to their laboratory works.
The Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) laboratory is used during the T.L.E. periods for cooking and other related approved activities.
Upon the recommendations of the Department Chairperson and the Assistant Principal for Academics and the approval of the Principal of the Junior High School, the Textbook and Printing Services purchase commercial textbooks and other learning materials, produce workbooks and other materials drafted by the different subject areas, and sell the same to students.
The school has learning spaces located on the second, third, fourth, and fifth floor of the building. These spaces are provided for students for school-related requirements and activities only. Proper order and decorum must be observed at all times.