Report by Angelo Lorenzo
The Xavier Ateneo Graduate School is looking forward to introducing the university’s existing programs for graduate studies this year.
To be conducted on Saturday (July 6, 2019) at the XU Little Theater, the convocation will invite the graduate school student body to witness program coordinators and their representatives detailing their respective curricula.
The programs for graduate studies and their coordinators include:
- Agricultural Economics - Veneranda T Larroza
- Biology - Dr Astrid L Sinco
- Chemistry - Dr Analyn C Asok
- Economics - Caroline Laarni R Sereñas
- Engineering - Dr Hercules R Cascon
- English Language and Literature - Dr Lilia A Cotejar
- Health (MS & MA) - Dr Gina S Itchon
- History - Manilee Lorraine P Pagapula-an
- Information Technology - Shayryl Mae L Ramos
- Nursing - Dr Ramona Heidi C Palad
- Psychology - Jhoanna Marie M Mocorro
- Sociology - Ma Rhea Gretchen A Abuso
- Public Administration - Dr Catherine Roween C Almaden
This year’s Graduate School Convocation is set to introduce the XU Graduate School's new dean, Dr Catherine Roween C Almaden.
Almaden made the headlines last year for her triumph in the 4th Asia Future Conference (AFC) in Seoul, South Korea. As Xavier Ateneo’s faculty member, she took on an agricultural and environmental route with her paper.
Her research “Multi-dimensional Indicators of Adaptive Capacity of Rice Farming Households to Address Saltwater Intrusion in the Philippines and Vietnam” won Best Paper Presentation Prize at the said event.
With Almaden taking the reins this academic year, much is in store for the Xavier Ateneo Graduate School. This may include projects and initiatives to be proposed by a new set of officers.
Elected on June 29, 2019, at the Graduate School Conference Room, this year’s officers will take their oath of office at the upcoming convocation.
This year’s GSSC officers include:
- President - Bernadette Ann R Paalam (Master in Public Administration)
- Vice-president - Jose Angelo Lorenzo S Gomos (Master of Arts in Literature)
- Secretary - Vina Jellyca E Burgos (Master of Arts in Economics)
This year’s GSSC delegates are composed of:
- Ladylene G Almanzor (Master in Psychology)
- Benjiemar G Dagala (Master in History)
- Kate Antoinette F Mananzanades (Master (Master of Science in Biology)
- Francis Albert B Calas (Master in Information Technology)
- Mitchell Dennis B Gonzalez MD (Master of Arts in Health Professions Education)
- Emmylou G Rabanes RN (Master of Arts in Nursing)
- Colsid-Rey B Tubiano (Master in Public Administration)
- Philip G Carpio (Master of Arts in Economics)
- Ena Jessa Kristine R Jarales (Master of Arts in Sociology)
- Rannie G Silva (Master in Information Technology)
The GSSC and the Xavier Ateneo Graduate School are encouraging graduate students to witness the program so they will be familiar with the upcoming events that will complement their academic pursuits.∎