The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Center of Development for Literature-Xavier University Department of English Language and Literature is calling for entries to the St Francis Xavier Writers Workshop to be held on April 24 to 26, 2020 at SEARSOLIN, Cagayan de Oro City.
- For a Poetry fellowship: 3 poems (written for the page and/or for performance);
- For a Fiction fellowship: 1 short story (1500 to 3000 words), or 1 chapter (3000 to 5000 words) from a novel (with synopsis), or 2 works of flash fiction (500 to 1500 words each);
- For a Creative Nonfiction fellowship: 1 creative nonfiction (1500 to 3000 words) such as nonfiction memoir, personal essay, travel writing, lyric essay, literary journalism, or other hybridized forms; or 2 micro-essays or works of flash nonfiction (500 to 1500 words);
- Entries may be in Bisaya, Filipino, and/or English.
- Applicants may apply for more than one genre. Works with a strong sense of place and personal heritage are encouraged.
ph with the subject Genre_SFXWW (example: Poetry_SFXWW). The applicant’s name should not appear on the manuscript. On the email’s body, include the following applicant details: full name, address (in Mindanao), institutional affiliation (workplace and/or school if applicable), Facebook URL, mobile number, and a short bionote (150-200 words). A curriculum vitae (CV) should also be attached.
- Deadline of submissions is on 28 March 2020, 11:59 PM.