Established in 2008, XU Press is the publishing arm of Xavier University, whose fundamental mission is the publication of instructional materials, books, and literary works which promote scholarship and knowledge of Mindanaoan life and culture. As of year 2017, XU Press has published more than fifty books on various themes and topics, on top of Kinaadman journal which the Press publishes annually.
XU Press aims to build a reputation for robust and excellent publication in furtherance of the University’s vision to be a leading ASEAN University by 2033.
XU Press publishes authoritative works especially those which address gaps in knowledge on Mindanao’s history, economy, political affairs, landscapes, demography, literature, art and culture.
In fulfilling its mission the Press will be guided by the following principles:
- uphold the quality of its flagship publication, Kinaadman, a journal specializing on the various aspects of life in the southern part of the Philippines;
- develop mechanism that facilitates publication of high-impact books, especially those that contribute to Mindananoan life and society;
- address publishing needs of the researchers and writers through capacity-building programs and initiatives;
- increase visibility of scholarly works of Mindanaoan and XU scholars and writers through publication, promotion and networking;
- connect authors and readers through launching, book fair, lectures, and other similar activities;
- strengthen linkage with other academic publishers, and private and public organizations that promote scholarly publications
- seek funds and operate in a financially responsible manner that encourages growth in productivity and sales; and
- maintain discipline in operational activities and follow legal protocols in book production.
Find Us at:
2/F Lucas Hall Building, Room 203
XU Press books are available at:
XU Bookstore, G/F Magis Building
Solidaridad Bookshop, Ermita Manila
We are online at: