Signed on March 24, the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act provided president Rodrigo Roa Duterte additional 'authority' and to 'direct the operations' in responding to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Some important parts of the said law include:
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) covering the cost of mandatory isolation and treatment of COVID-19 patients in both private and public hospitals.
- Compensation of one hundred thousand pesos (Php. 100,000) to public and private healthworkers who contract severe COVID-19 infection while performing their duties
- Compensation of one million pesos (Php 1,000,000) to public and private healthworkers who die from the disease
- Procurement of Personal Protectve Equipments (PPEs), medical goods, and other equipments to health facilties which are designated COVID
- Safeguard the availability of basic necessities through regulation of the market.
- Provision of social amelioration measures through different units of the government.
To read the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act, click here.